Thursday, April 11, 2019

Angel Fire (Angel #2) by L.A. Weatherly (Spoiler'ish)



About This Book
Goodreads Summary
Trilogy: #2
Release Date: January 24, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Setting: Mexico City, Mexico
Page Count: 638
Genre(s): Young Adult, Fantasy/Paranormal, Romance 
Date(s) Read: 4/8-4/11/19
Rating:   
Book:  3/5    Audio:  4.5/5     Narrator(s): Cassandra Campbell

My Thoughts:
May be a tad bit spoiler'ish. Depending on what you call spoiler. Read with Caution. 

O.W.Ls Magical Readathon
-Potions-Next Ingredient: Sequel

Other Challenges:
-Big Book Challenge
-Seasonal Challenge: Spring 2019: The A in Passover

Audio:
I liked her a lot. She made the book so much more bearable. Otherwise, I would have given up on it again. I just wanted to get to the third book and see if I would like it better. 

Book:

This book had a lot of second book syndrome for me. Some repetitive parts. A lot of Twilight'esque parts, just with angels and angel killers (AKs). Way too much Edward & Jacob type banter with a lot more jealousy. Some parts were boring maybe even some parts could have been left out. I feel like this is another that was just filler. I am still actually looking forward to book three in hopes that it is a lot better than this one. I guess a lot of series and trilogies can be like this. That first or second book syndrome but get better as time goes on. Maybe they're just major set ups for the next in the trilogy/series/duology. 

Some of the characters were annoying but there were some likable moments with them as well (Seb, Willow & Alex are still high on my "I really like them" list. I wanted to shake them sometimes but overall, they were good people). Book was pretty predictable for the most part. It's not an extremely strong 3 stars but I just don't really feel it deserves anything less. For the things I loved about the characters and the great parts of the book, keeps it at a three out of five. With all it's imperfections, it definitely wasn't the worst book in the world. 

I remember loving the first book so much. It's disappointing that it took so much for me to get through this. As I said under audio, it made it easier for me to get through. Especially the extremely boring and annoying parts. I initially started this book in February of 2012 then again in December 2012 never really being able to get into it either time. Thankfully, I was able to get the audio book this time. I'll be going for Angel Fever's audio book as well. 

Here's to hoping things get better in the last book in the series! 🍻🥂


No comments:

Post a Comment