Monday, May 13, 2019

#GoldenGirlsReadathon (6/1/19-6/30/19)


This is something I am really looking forward to. I love The Golden Girls! I have since I was a teenager. I don't quite remember exactly when I started watching this in my young life but I just know my mom couldn't stand I loved it so much because she didn't like Blanche. lol...Although I understood why she didn't like her, it wasn't until the last 5 or 6 years or so that I thought about my mom not liking her and why that I really, really got it. And really understood! I still like Blanche though. My favorites have always been Sophia, Dorothy & Rose..In that order. But sometimes, that order can change depending on the episode and my mood but mostly, that's it.

This readathon was created by a Booktuber, Rachaelisbooked (Her channel linked). Her video announcement will be linked in this blog (at the bottom) because she can explain it better than I can here.

Now, onto the purpose of the blog & that is to share what the prompts are. I don't have books for it quite yet. I will wait until closer to it to start & for scribd to put the audio books back up (eye roll at scribd).  She also has a Google Doc (linked) that you can look at to get the prompts (again, watch the video for more details).

The General Prompts:
1. Read a book set in Florida
2. Read a book with a dessert in the title or on the cover
3. Read a Book published between 1985-1992
4. Read a book with Gold on the cover or in the title
5. Read a book that involves female friendship

Now, it goes a little beyond the general prompts. You also pick a #GGTeam. You choose from one of the 4 women. And you do the prompts under their #GGTeam. I chose #GGTeamSophia as she is my top favorite.

#GGTeamSophia's Prompts:
6. Read a book set in Italy
7. Read the oldest book on your shelf
8. Read a book with a title starting with an "S"
9. Read a book with an author starting with an "E"
10. Read a book that is short (under 200 pages)

Some of these prompts I probably won't get to because I don't own any that fit and I don't want to buy anymore books right now because I am working through the ones I own. We can double up on them so I will try to do that as well. I will have to do some work to get some of my books to fit into these prompts but seeing that this is pretty much the only one I am doing (except for the Spring Challenge I'm doing but that ends June 21 and I'm sure I can work some in with both).

Prompts #1, 3 and 6  will probably be my hardest. Not sure about prompt #5 because I'm not sure how many of my books fit the friendship part but maybe I can squeeze a romance in there that also has great friendships. We will see.

She also explains that if we happen to finish all of our chosen #GGTeam and the general and want to do other's we can. But, to keep this from being longer than it already is, I will just let you watch the video.

I hope a lot of people jump onto this readathon because it looks fun and something I'd like to be done at least once yearly. So, I hope to see you there. If you're going to do it, you can always leave a comment or contact me on Instagram, which should also be linked in my blog (above). In order to comment on there, I think you have to follow me or I have to follow you. Now, I am not asking folks to follow me if they don't want to, that is up to you of course. But I will be posting about this and anyone who goes over there and going to participate, you can also "like" it. I will also be doing the hashtag and will be looking there for other posts as it gets closer to time and after it starts.


Thanks to everyone who has read this far....

Have Fun & Happy Reading!
Bridget

P.S. Never seen or heard of Golden Girls? Well, if you have Hulu, episodes are on there, if not, then I will put some kind of video below for you to watch. Even if it isn't more than some funny scenes of the ladies. I couldn't find a full episode that wasn't sped up. You can slow any down that is on YouTube (0.75). But I found a clip that will be under Rachael's Video.

                                                        RachaelisBooked's Video 
  


                                                 Clips of some of the funniest moments:
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment