Monday, May 13, 2019

The Sleeping Beauty Killer (Under Suspicion #4) by Mary Higgins Clark & Alafair Burke


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series: #4
Release Date: November 15, 2016
Format: Hardcover
Setting: New York, Connecticut
Page Count: 301
Genre(s): Mystery, Fiction, Suspense, Thriller
Date(s) Read:  5/12-5/13/19
Rating:   
Book: 4.5/5   Audio: 4.5/5   Narrator(s): Jan Maxwell

My Thoughts:

Finish a Series Readathon

Audio:
I do like her a lot. This is at least the 2nd book she has narrated that I listened to. She doesn't read books 4 or 5 but I hope the other narrators are just as good as she is. 

Book:
I enjoyed this one as well. They are always a steady pace and build to the "whodunit". I looked forward to this one and it didn't disappoint. 

I had my ideas of "whodunit". It went back and forth quite a bit, as it should with a good book. But there was that one that just kept niggling at me. Was I right? Well, I can't quite say because those who may not have read it yet and decide to, I might give it away. I know, that seems like a small thing. For me to say yes or no wouldn't give anything away would it? Well, depends on how easily a person may figure it out in this book. 

These books always keep me guessing until really close to the reveal, if not right up until the reveal. I think this series is the first M.H.Clark books but beyond this, I have never read anything Alafair Burke, I will have to change that but it won't be until I get more of my books read and off my TBR shelves (that I already own). Now, if I see one at a great price that interests me, I may pick it up but I won't actively seek one out until I do get some of these books off of my shelves. A little too well wrapped up in some areas but still really good no matter what. 

I do own the final two books in this series (final ones so far). I am hoping to get them read over the next few months among a lot more. Especially while I have scribd, when they don't have 99% of the books marked as unavailable that is. Sigh. 

Now, on to my next adventure, romance or whatever I am in the mood for and settle on!

Happy Reading
        Bridget



No comments:

Post a Comment