Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Whole Town's Talking (Elmwood Springs #4) by Fannie Flagg (slight spoilers)



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series: #4
Release Date: November 1, 2016
Format: Paperback (large print)
Setting: Elmwood Springs, Missouri
Page Count: 535
Genre(s): Fiction
Date(s) Read:  5/6-5/12
Rating:   
Book:  3/5    Audio:   3.5/5      Narrator(s): Kimberly Farr

Finish that series readathon
ChickLitAThon:
-Read a book with a historical setting

My Thoughts:
Before you read further, there are slight spoilers so read on at your own risk

Audio
She was good. I loved the accents of other narrators a bit more though (Fannie Flagg being one of them)

Book:
I really did enjoy majority of the characters. Old and new alike. Naturally, there were some I wasn't fond of but heck, you weren't supposed to like them much. My favorite will always be Aunt Elner and Neighbor Dorothy (who wasn't mentioned). 

I liked that she took it through the history of how the town for started, the people, families, etc. Enjoyed knowing a bit more about the older generations growing up. 

There was a lot of them passing away throughout the book and a bit sad at points but as  it goes through time, you know it's going to happen sooner or later.  Of course, it's hard to know  your favorite characters are gone but you soon fall in love with other characters as time goes on. 

It took me a couple chapters or so to get used to the new characters and book but once I did, it flowed more smoothly for me.

This book is more of a prequel to the other stories and can be a bit repetitive if you've already read the other books (which I suggest because it can be a bit  spoilerish if you don't). 

Now, the ending for me was a bit much  but in its own way, it was still kind of cute and explained some things that happened. 

This was very much worth the read, well, listen. Good little round off of this fun and cute series. 




No comments:

Post a Comment