Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Fame, Fate, & the First Kiss by Kasie West (Semi Spoiler'ish)





About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Trilogy/Stand-Alone: 2 (Companion to: Love, Life & the List)
Release Date: February 5, 2019
Format: Hardcover
Setting: Southern California
Page Count: 384
Genre(s): Young Adult/Contemporary/Fiction/Romance 
Date(s) Read: 5/14-5/15/19
Rating:   
Book: 3.5/5     Audio: 4/5    Narrator(s): Caitlin Kelly (Audible)

My Thoughts

Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019:
   Book Published in 2019
Finish a Series Readathon
    Companion to: Love, Life & the List (My thoughts linked)
ChickLitathon:
    Read a book set in Los Angeles or Hollywood

Audio:
Liked her. British accent made the characters seem kind of fake but other than that, she was good. (Listen to the audio book, you'll get what I mean about the British accent)

Book:
Okay, let me start off by saying that, the book is set in Southern California, it didn't say LA or Hollywood directly that I remember hearing but when I did a double check for SoCal, it did have both there so, I counted it. And yes, I had to do a search for it because, well, I don't live there. Never have. So, I had to check. 

Now, that said, let me get on with my short thoughts on the books and characters

The main character, I liked a lot as well as most of the others. Lacey's dad though, I was not feeling. As a parent, I get wanting to know where you're children are because you worry but I think I got frustrated with him on that part because he seemed to no be supportive of her because he would do things that seemed to sabotage what she wanted to do because he didn't approve of a choice she made. Even though there was nothing wrong with her choice. I get the worry but maybe talk about the worry while still supporting her. 

Some characters I questioned their authenticity when it came to their friendships but I guess you were supposed to. The arrogance of some, ugh...I wanted to smack them! But I loved how everyone handled them that were close to them and almost forcing them to do right as much as possible. But, I can say, when they showed a good side, I was able to like them. 

Overall, I liked the book even though it wasn't a favorite. I look forward to others coming out this year and next. I do have one more on my shelf (Listen to your Heart) I am hoping to get to soon (next month probably because scribd is at it again and has audio books "unavailable" this month. This time, 99% of them are unavailable so I was able to only listen to 2 of them this month. Next month, I plan on trying to download a lot of them before they can make them unavailable to see if that works for me to have more of them. Thankfully, I had this one on audible already).

If you love Kasie West, this one shouldn't disappoint. There may even be some who love it a lot more than I did. So, I do recommend this book. It is still really sweet and mushy in that Kasie West style she is known for.



No comments:

Post a Comment