Friday, July 12, 2019

Angel Fever (Angel #3) by L.A. Weatherly




About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📍Trilogy: #3
📍Release Date: November 26, 2013
📍Format:  Hardcover
📍Setting: Mexico/United States
📍Page Count: 496
📍Genre(s): Young Adult, Fantasy/Paranormal, Romance
📍Date(s) Read:  7/6/19-7/12/19
📍Rating:   
Book: 4/5   Audio:  4/5  Narrator(s): Cassandra Campbell 

My Thoughts:

Not a whole lot to say about the audio book except that I liked her well enough. I was able to get it to a 2.0 speed and still understand her as long as I paid attention to the audio book.  

This one was a lot better than book 2. Although, I do believe I may need to reread this one day because I think there are some parts I missed while listening to it. There was at least 2, maybe 3 times I had to take the audio book back to the beginning of a chapter because I had zoned out for so long. 

I'm glad that I pushed through book two because I would have missed this ending! I started this trilogy during a time that I loved Fantasy books around angels. I think I still kind of do. Now though, I think I am slowly pulling away from fantasy. I still gravitate towards it when I want some action and romance though. Although I love contemporary romance a lot more than I used to, it's still something I find myself getting bored with when I read "too much" of it, so, I have to go back to what I know and love since starting to read YA consistently in 2009 (I'd read it from time to time not realizing that it was something actually designated towards Young Adults).

There were so many characters in this series, especially in this book, I can't really pinpoint any other characters that I liked a lot beyond Alex, Seb & Willow. Some, I had even forgotten about from the first book because when I picked up the last two, I didn't reread the first. I remembered enough of the book to be able to jump right in believe it or not even though I hadn't read the book in at least 7-8 years. 

If you like fantasy around angels, this trilogy is well worth the try. Just know that book two has the "typical" second book syndrome but just do what you can to power through it if it fits that for you. Get the audio book from scribd, Audible or even your library if they have it. That'll make it easier. It surely has made things easier for me with many books. If I had to sit and read every book like I used to, I probably wouldn't get as much done because I am still a bit of a slow reader and I don't always read everyday. So, audio books help a lot..even on those struggle days or weeks I don't want to read. If audio books aren't for you, then that is fine too. No pushing! 

Sorry, didn't mean to get into all that rambling! lol...But hey, that's why the name change! :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment