Friday, July 12, 2019

The Reading Rush 2019



I will do my best to participate in The Reading Rush this year even though the N.E.W.T.'s will be soon after (I will do a post for that as soon as I can). Although I should actually skip this one so I can be together for N.E.W.T.'s but at the same time, it will prepare me for what I need to do for August. I will not be pushing myself during this readathon. I will try to get at least two books done but I don't want to get burned out again.

Okay...I digress a bit...

Quick Explanation:
It has changed from Booktubeathon so that everyone can feel more included because almost every year, people would ask if they could participate even though they don't do videos. This was created by Ariel and Raeleen (padfootandprongs07) about 6 years ago and takes place every summer (explained in first video below) and takes place over a week (This year: 7/22-7/28/19).

Next:
I won't be putting my TBR here because I am still not 100% sure what I want to do but I do have some idea but that could change tomorrow!

If you want to watch the videos for them (as they can explain things better than I can here & make sure I don't forget anything!), they will be linked below but I will also share the challenges and The Reading Rush website (linked) for the readathon. You can join, talk in forums & add friends.

Challenges:
1. Read a book with purple on the cover
2. Read a book in the same spot for the entire time.
3. Read a book you meant to read last year. 4. Read an author's first book. 5. Read a book with a non-human main character. 6. Pick a book that has five or more words in the title. 7. Read and watch a book to movie adaptation.


Enjoy the videos below. Click on the website link about and have a look around!

I hope you are able to participate this year and have a blast!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!

Bridget

                                               
                                         The Reading Rush/Booktubeathon Explanation 


                                                     The Reading Rush Trailer
                                                                                 

                                              The Reading Rush Announcement Video

The Reading Rush Challenges Video:
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment