Friday, July 26, 2019

At the Drop of a Hat (Hat Shop Mystery #3) by Jenn McKinlay


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📍Series: #3
📍Release Date: February 3, 2015 
📍Format: Mass Market Paperback
📍Setting: London, England
📍Page Count: 281
📍Genre(s): Cozy Mystery, Fiction, Romance
📍Date(s) Read: 7/22/19-7/26/19
📍Rating:   
Book:   4.5/5   Audio:  4.5 /5    Narrator(s): Karyn O'Bryan

The Reading Rush: Purple on the Cover
The rug and chair are purple on the cover. I think it could be debatable whether it's blue or purple but I counted it as purple!


My Rambles:
(another situation that I typed this out as I was listening to the book, which some parts may be kind of obvious)

I read the first 102 pages on my own then went to hoopla and found an audio book for it. I am surprised I could get it because I owe my library money (Which I plan on paying off within the next week). I am not complaining though. It helped me to get through the book a bit faster because I am a bit of a slow reader when I do sit down to read. But, having the audio, allowed me to be on the computer or doing other things and listen to the book if I chose to do so. 

Now, onto what I thought about the book...

As this is the third in the series, I won't give away too much although these are more companion'ish than actual same story type of series (i.e.-Twilight, Shadowhunters, etc). I do love the main character, he cousin, Viv, and a young woman who works with them in their Hat Shop in London, Fee. And the love interest of one of them, I adore too. Even some of the other side characters I really love.Especially Andre and Nick! They are hilarious! 

*Gasps

That....

Daggone..... (trying not to curse here)

Ending!

Oh!

The Cliffhangers!

I need to tear up my room trying to make sure I have the next in the series! I will be beyond upset with myself if I don't have it! Even if I don't get to it right away, I at least need to have it at the ready when I am wanting to get to it! Thank God it's already out and I don't have to wait a year! *Sighs*

(Okay, maybe I won't tear up the room too much but I will be doing some serious searching for that book!)
                                   
Ahem..Okay, now that the dramatics are over...Let me get myself together and  carry on....

Anyone who knows anything about cozy mysteries, they are usually pretty tame when it comes to the mystery aspect of it all. Not very detailed on the gruesomeness which is one thing I like about this. I also like that they focus on the lives of the sleuth(s) in each book with some romance thrown in (at least the ones I have read so far. There was one that didn't really have one that I remember but it's been a little bit since I've read it).

This is the 2nd series I have been able to enjoy by Jenn McKinlay, the first & my favorite being, Cupcake Bakery Mystery series. I tried her Library Lovers series but I just couldn't get into it. I loved the characters and everything but there was just something not allowing me to really love it. I'd get bored and frustrated with it. To this day, I don't know why. I may try again one day. I do love her writing though. I've tried to read one of her romances but couldn't get into it at the time. I may try to rent it from the library one day, especially if I can find the audio book. I do own the next couple of books in this one I think. Which I just realized I didn't have the sixth book. 



Happy Reading,

Bridget 💜



(notice the chair & rug)

No comments:

Post a Comment