Friday, July 26, 2019

Follow the Drinking Gourd: Come Along the Underground Railroad by Wim Coleman



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📍Stand-Alone
📍Release Date: (First Published) 1988
📍Format: e-book
📍Setting: USA
📍Page Count: 40
📍Genre(s): Historical Fiction, Children's, Picture Book
📍Date(s) Read: 7/26/19
📍Rating:   
Book:  4.5/5

The Reading Rush:
-Read it during a Reading Sprint so I got a badge for it. 


My Rambles:

I enjoyed the book. I wasn't expecting it to be written in 'dramatization' form. It is told by a brother and sister in their older years, speaking of what they dealt with when they ran away when they were younger. Once I got used to it, I began to get more into it. It's not that it was bad, but it just wasn't expecting how it was written as I said before. There isn't much I can say about this book really beyond my really enjoying it. 

This book I borrowed from my local library on Hoopla. Hopefully you can find it in your area. But you have to make sure you look for the one by Wim Coleman if you want this particular one. There is at least one other "Follow the Drinking Gourd" by Jeanette Winter. I really do wish I could find pictures to add to this beyond the cover but couldn't find the right ones for this book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment