Sunday, July 28, 2019

If Not For You (New Beginnings #3) by Debbie Macomber


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📍Series: #3 
📍Release Date: August 22, 2017
📍Format:  Mass Market Paperback
📍Setting: Portland, Oregon 
📍Page Count: 448
📍Genre(s): Romance, Fiction, Chick-Lit, Contemporary
📍Date(s) Read:  7/27-7/28/19
📍Rating:   
Book:  4.75/5  Audio:  5/5  Narrator(s): Khristine Hvam

The Reading Rush:
   a Book you meant to read last year

My Rambles:

I don't remember if I knew this was a part of a companion series when I picked this book up but either way, it's fairly easy to know what's going on because they give some idea of the couple of the previous book. I do plan on getting the other book when I can. It may be a while because I still have a lot of books to read but if I am in the mood quicker than expected, I can always check my local library. 

My thoughts?

I read this book for the Reading Rush and so glad I did. I wasn't sure if I'd finish this book before the end of the readathon but I started sometime after midnight on day six and finished it sometime after 1 am on day seven! This is no small book at 448 pages!

I so loved the characters! The main character Beth and her love interest Sam, I adored but I think the one I loved most, was Sunshine, Beth's aunt. Yes, she is what her name suggests! The sweet, hippie older woman with wisdom and sense that her age is supposed to have.

Naturally, there was the angst, the 'drama' and all around feels! With the endings you expect and possibly even hope for. You love the ones you're supposed to love and dislike the ones you're supposed to dislike.

Growth.

Change.

Love.

Second chances (maybe even third or fourth chances).

All things that Debbie Macomber seems to know how to write and throwing her faith into it without making it overbearing. I am a believer, yet, when I am reading fiction, I don't want to be preached to, I can watch my favorite pastor for that and read my bible. And I believe Ms. Macomber balances it out perfectly in her books and mixed with her writing style, I see why she is so well loved!






No comments:

Post a Comment