Monday, September 2, 2019

Goldie: A Lotus Grows in the Mud by Goldie Hawn


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📌Stand-Alone
📌Release Date: May 2, 2005
📌Format: Hardcover
📌Setting: N/A (various places)
📌Page Count: 446
📌Genre(s): Autobiography/Memoir, Nonfiction
📌Date(s) Read: (Finished: 9/2/19)
📌Rating:   
Book: 4/5 


My Rambles:

Started this book back in June but kept putting it down because readathons would start and it didn't fit any of the prompts and/or I am such a slow reader that I wouldn't have been able to get anything else read during that week, I would have had to focus mostly on this one. The audio book that is out there is abridged and I wanted the entire book. 

What did I think?

I picked up this book because I really do like Goldie Hawn and wanted to know a little more about her, from her. Now, I have yet to see all of her movies but the one I can think of off the top of my head is Overboard with her and Kurt Russell (my favorite movie). 

I enjoyed learning what she did tell about her life. She didn't go into great detail about some things and that's fine. I understand she doesn't want folks knowing every aspect of her life. She didn't outright bad mouth people and what she may have said that could have been seen as negative, wasn't done in a bashing kind of way, just telling her thoughts on something and/or how she saw it. She just basically told what happened (even sometimes with out great detail..just enough to get an understanding of what happened).

She didn't go into a lot of details about her relationship with Kurt or her previous marriage(s)/relationships. So, if you go into her book expecting that, you might be disappointed. She did talk quite a bit about her travels, her healing after some hurtful events and after her parents deaths. She was very inspiring for me to do what I can to heal. I may not be able to do the traveling she does to heal but just the smallest things can help. Walks. Friends. Family. Whatever helps you laugh, smile and who will be there to listen if you have that in your life. Therapist if you can get one. So much she did to help herself heal. 

I am so glad that I found this book and was able to read it. I ended up following her on Instagram after I finished this book. There was one situation that I even left a comment on one of her post about a teenager that I wanted to know how things ended up wit him. Not sure if she will ever respond but I still would like to know if things worked out for the young man. Which he should now be an adult. 




No comments:

Post a Comment