Sunday, July 21, 2019

N.E.W.T.'s Magical Readathon 2019


Get you a drink (possibly a butterbeer), a snack (chocolate frog or two..maybe? something else?) and prepare to do some reading! I got long winded with this one! (Or, you can just get some plain old Muggle treats and relax in a normal old muggle chair, bed or couch) 🤦‍♀️😂

                                     ***************************************

Okay, this is going to be hard for me to explain in a blog. During the O.W.L's, I think I did a video for my announcement video and just did the wrap up for it here. So, I am not quite sure how to set this up. I will definitely share the video announcement by Book Roast (her channel linked) towards the end of this blog. If you want to see and/or print out the list of careers, etc, they will be in her description. I will post what I can and print screen some things. Whatever is print screened, know that ALL CREDIT goes to Book Roast, as she is the creator of the O.W.L.'s & N.E.W.T.'s readathons, Guidebooks, Prompts, Letter, etc.

Now, to participate in the N.E.W.T.'s, you have to have passed the O.W.L.'s that took place in April. You could have done the make up's between then and July if you wanted to participate in August. Or, you can just do O.W.L.'s in August and N.E.W.T.'s in September I guess (but I would comment on her video to make sure that is okay but I don't see why it wouldn't be but hey, it's her readathons, so her rules! lol)

But, okay, now that I got that out the way a little bit....

On to what career(s) I ended up choosing...well, after a little explanation on how I made my decision.

I wanted to do either Healer or Herbologist but I think I had to pass Ancient Runes during the O.W.L.'s for at least one and I didn't do that one because I didn't have any retellings. Well, I did at the time I think but I had already read that book and didn't like it well enough to reread it. Or, they were a bit too many prompts I would have had to do and I wanted to relax and not over do it with this readathon. If I get past one of the careers, I will try to go for the second, if I get those done, I may try for others. I will take it bit by bit. I also reserve the right to change my mind about my careers before, during, and after the readathon is over! lol...

                                            ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

So, I did two other choices & O.W.L.'s linked below:

Wrap Up blogO.W.L.'s Magical Readathon

(P.S.A.: All books given under each prompt are just options and subject to change at any given moment because I am a mood reader and/or I just don't like the book!)

1. Magizoologist:
O.W.L.'s had to pass:
1. Care of Magical Creatures
2. Charms
3. Herbology
4. Potions

N.E.W.T.'s I need to pass:
"O" in Care of Magical Creatures: Grab onto Fawke's Tail! Read a book with a bird on the cover
(Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee)
"E" in Charms: Read a comic/graphic novel/manga (or a book under 150 pages)
(Animal Farm by George Orwell)
"E" in Herbology: Read a book between 350-390 pages
(A Different Sun by Elaine Neil Orr or The House at Sugar Beach by Helene Cooper)

                     ****************************************

2. Journalist/Writer:
O.W.L.'s had to pass:
1. History of Magic
2. Muggle Studies
3. One subject of your picking

N.E.W.T.'s I need to pass:
1. "E" in History of Magic: Read a book that Includes a map
(Red River by Lalita Tademy....on page 25, there's a type of map on that page)
2. "A" Muggle Studies: a cover that includes an actual photo element (person, place, item, etc)
(Every Breath You Take  by Mary Higgins Clark & Alafair Burke..female on the cover. It may be a drawn picture but it's still a person. And this is the 5th book in a companion series. It's different cases but has the same "main characters" in the book)
3. "A" in One More of Your Choice: Arithmancy: Book ends on an even page number
(Marked Down For Murder (#4) by Josie Belle (Jenn McKinlay pseudonym).....This ends on page 258..260 with questions)

                               ====================================

I put them in the order I plan on taking a shot at them. I like having options so that I don't get frustrated with trying to read books I may not like or be in the mood for. Hopefully I will be able to have a bit more options at the start of the readathon or soon after it starts, but that depends on if my wallet allows that or not..lol... At the same time though, I'd like to get more books off of my physical shelf but I still have some wiggle room with series I want to finish but need to get the books for.

                                ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

So, here are the pictures of the books: Just keep scrolling (Imagine Dory from Finding Nemo singing that! That's what I hear in my head when I typed it anyway! lol)



 

 

                                           ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The proof of just how much work she put into all of this! And this is just a couple of pages! 
                                   (Make sure you keep scrolling after the pictures)

                                                                    Journalist/Writer:

Mazoologist

                                     ====================================

You may not be able to exactly read everything on the career sheets but it gives you an idea of what they look like and what I plan on trying to do. If anything changes, then it will all be in the wrap up at the end of the readathon. 

If you want further details, Book Roasts video is below and you can click on all necessary links in her description. Print out what you want to print out and click on explanation links and so on because she can of course explain everything better than I ever can in this blog. 

Thank you so much if you read this in it's entirety all the way to the end. If you are participating in the N.E.W.T.'s in August, I hope for the best in all that you are going to be working to accomplish and have a lot of fun doing it! 

Happy Reading

Bridget (#Hufflepuff)


P.S. I am a mother to a Slytherin & a Hufflepuff


                                                  ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Book Roast's Video
          

No comments:

Post a Comment