Monday, April 22, 2019

O.W.L.s Magical Readathon Wrap Up


April 1-30. 2019:
(Books are links to my thoughts on the books)

1. Ancient Runes~>RetellingDidn't do, I didn't have a retelling. At least nothing I was ready to reread.
2. Astronomy~>Work written by more than one authorThe Voicemail of Magnus Bane by Cassandra Clare
3. Astronomy~> "Starin the titleThe Star Money by by Jacob & Willhelm Grimm  (No Cover for this one)
4. Care of Magical Creatures~>Land animals on the coverGo, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman
5. Charms~> Agelineread an adult bookThe Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
6. Defense Against the Dark Arts~>Reducto: Title Starts With an "R"Richie Rich (Harvey Comics)
7. Divination~>Set in the Future: Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth
8. Herbology~>Plant on the CoverThe Moon & More by Sarah Dessen
9. History of Magic~>Published at least 10 years ago: Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
10. Muggle Studies~>ContemporaryLove, Life & the List by Kasie West
11. Potions~>Next Ingredients: SequelAngel Fire (Angel #2) by L.A. Weatherly
12. Transfiguration~>Sprayed edges or red coverGreen Eggs & Ham by Dr. Seuss (No review for this. But of course, I did love it)

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

11 out of 12 prompts done isn't bad! Even if some of those books were short books. Some on video being read to me and even a short little story in a book full of other short stories (yes, I kind of pushed it with that one but hey, it Started with Star and was inside a book! lol).

I won't choose a career until I can figure out a way to get the little booklet printed out. Most got done or close to done within the first 15 days making it to where after I finished The Moon and More, I'd only have one more book to finish. Some were 370+ pages to well over 600 pages. Thankfully, I did have audio books for majority of the regular sized books so that made it easier to get through them. I was able to get most finished within 3-4 days each. Had one that was 220+ pages and another that was 120+ pages. The shorter books and stories were under 50 pages or not much over that. So, I made this readathon easy so that I could relax and just enjoy it and the books I listened to.

I didn't want to stress about getting stuff done although there were some times that I wondered if I would because I felt a slump coming but I was able to take a break here and there and go a day or so without reading if I chose too and one time I needed to because I had gotten sick for a couple days with what I thought was allergies but may have been a cold.

This was a lot of fun though.

I saw some videos where she did some "extra credits" last year so I will be looking for those this year and to see if she does it and will also be looking forward to the N.E.W.T.s come this August. Hopefully I will have everything printed out and figured out what career I want to do (printers tend not to like me very much so they break or don't want to connect to my computer so I don't know what will happen between now and then. lol)

When I first heard of this readathon last year, I wanted to do it but was a tad bit confused on what to do (guess I didn't pay attention well enough to the video(s) I watched) and I may have found the videos a bit late (either right before it started or within a week afterwards). So, when I saw that it had come back around this year, I was so excited! I really like Harry Potter & read book 7 this year. Now, I just need to go through the movies. I already watched the first one, started the second. I also need to find the last two (parts 1 & 2 of Year 7) but I've still got a bit before I have to buy them because I need to get through the others.

Did I watch the movies this month?
Yes? No?

As of me posting this, I have NOT watched any Harry Potter movies. No excuses. I just didn't feel like watching movies. But the month isn't over yet! I may decide to watch at least one but no guarantees.

I did watch/listen to a lot of Harry Potter ASMR on YouTube. Perfect time to find them. During the O.W.L.s! 😊🍻

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

 

 

 

 
 
                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment