Monday, July 29, 2019

The Reading Rush 2019 Wrap Up



How did I do?!? Well, let's see....

(Reading Rush: 6/22-6/28/19)

Challenges:
1. Read a book with purple on the cover:
  At The Drop of a Hat (A Hat Shop Mystery #3) by Jenn McKinlay (My Thoughts Linked)

2. Read a book in the same spot for the entire time:

Spongebob Goes to the Doctor * (Summary of Book Linked)

3. Read a book you meant to read last year: If Not For You by Debbie Macomber

4. Read an author's first book:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Thoughts Linked)
5. Read a book with a non-human main character:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
6. Pick a book that has five or more words in the title:
At The Drop of a Hat (A Hat Shop Mystery #3) by Jenn McKinlay
7. Read and watch a book to movie adaptation:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

8.  Read a 5 Star Book:
        I Can Read With My Eyes Closed by Dr. Seuss* (Summary of Book Linked)

9. Read over 1,000 pages: 1,243 pages


10. Read 7 Books If I Ran the Circus by Dr. Seuss*


11. Read a book during a Reading Sprint:

       Follow The Drinking Gourd: Come Along the Underground Railroad by Wim Coleman
12. Made a Reading Rush booktube video
13. Go to a read-in

BTW here is my reading rush name@bridgetsbookramblings

Not sure if we can add each other after it's over but we can try I guess. :o)

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

I read a total of 9 books which is a lot more than I was going for. Even with the children's/picture books. I had only planned on doing a couple books because I was expecting to have to sit and read but I got the audio for one, had an audio for another already so that got me through 3 novels. One, I had an audio for, the other I thought I would have to sit and read. Which I did sit and read most of it but realized I could still use the online system at my library even if I owe more than their minimum to check out books ($10 or more you can't check out physical books and I owe well over that right now but plan on trying to pay it off soon). Not sure how long they've been doing that but when I realized that this week, I was so extremely grateful! So, that allowed me to pick up If Not For You by Debbie Macomber and get it read in about 24 hours, maybe a little over. As well as getting the e-books of all the children's books. One of them was the Cinderella story from the Grimm's Fairy Tales collection...That I actually loved a lot more than the Disney version.

So, some of those pages read, were from books that I may have started and put down (i.e.-The Book Thief) because I felt like I wouldn't have been able to get much done before the end of the week and needed more attention and not rushed through. Then, on Sunday, when I finished reading the last two children's books and the Debbie Macomber book, I just said I would focus on Goldie: a lotus grows in the mud. I finally laid down to go to sleep...I don't even know when...maybe, some time in the afternoon...but I know I didn't wake back up until around 10:30 PM est (I sleep a lot when my body is trying to heal from whatever it is dealing with). 


I really did enjoy doing this readathon this week. So much so that when it came close to ending, I didn't want it to end! I even went over a bit and did a live Instagram reading sprint with Ariel & Raeleen well after the readathon was over for the east coast. That allowed me to get a little further into my Goldie Hawn book as well.


Now, to prepare for the N.E.W.T.'s (blog linked) in August. I think I am pretty much together but I know how I am. I think I have it all together or close to it and then start scrambling again the day before or the day of..lol..But I am hoping to have a lot of fun like I did with the O.W.L.'s (wrap up linked)

Happy Reading!

Bridget

(keep scrolling a bit)
☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

-Spongebob Goes to the Doctor*: 4/5

I didn't do a review for this one but it was typical Spongebob & Patrick antics. It was still cute.

-I Can Read With My Eyes Closed by Dr. Seuss 5/5 I didn't do much of a review on this book but I did give some thoughts on Goodreads. I enjoyed it of course and don'tever remember reading it or having it read to me when I was younger. I remember a lot of Dr. Seuss books being read to me when I was younger but not sure which beyond "ABC" and I think "1 Fish 2 Fish.."

- If I Ran the Circus by Dr. Seuss 3/5
I didn't do a review on this one


☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼





No comments:

Post a Comment